Calling All Movers and First-Time Filmmakers
Frame Dance announces MICRODANCES, a call for short films from first-time dance filmmakers.*
Here are the rules:
- Sign up here by September 15 to participate in MICRODANCES.
- September 17 you will receive one piece of music by a Frame Dance composer that you must include in your film.
- You have one week to complete a 2 – 3 minute dance film solely on a smart phone. All shooting and editing must take place on your phone.**
- Submit your film here by 8pm on September 24. Late submissions will not be eligible for inclusion in Frame x Frame Film Fest October 4 – 6 in Houston TX.
- A few things to consider:
-You are making this on a small screen, please consider how it will translate to a large screen.
-You must only use and submit work you have the rights to, you will certify this upon submission.
-Please shoot horizontally.
Have fun! Go be creative!
The Frame x Frame Film Fest Team
*We are defining “first time filmmaker” as someone who has not had a film included in a film/dance festival before.
** Yes, we mean it! That’s the challenge and the fun. Please visit these tutorials for help: https://learnaboutfilm.com/iphoneipadfilm/filmmaking/
October 3, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm